Would you like to Connect Sage 50 to a Website? This program will download orders from your web site or URL. It will also upload Products and transfer Customer Account data in both directions. Data transfer is accomplished using XML Packets that are passed to and from your website using the HTTP protocol.
The Adept Sage 50 XML Web Import Export Add-On will handle the Sage 50 & 50cloud end of a link to a shopping cart system created by a 3rd party web developer.
Core Features of Adept Sage 50 XML Web Import Export Add-On
- Download Orders and Payments from the web site and load them into Sage as either Sales Orders or Invoices.
- Upload Products from Sage to the web site including the Product Image.
- Upload or download Customer Account details to and from the web site.
- Upload Stock Levels to the web site.
- Hide a Product on the web site if the product’s Web Publish flag is unticked.
- Upload product Quantity Discount tables to the web site.
- Upload Customer Price List fixed prices to the web site.
- Optionally hide a Product on the web site if it’s stock level drops to zero.
- Optionally set Global Posting for an order.
- Automatically create new Customer Account references.
- Optionally use VAT inclusive Retail Pricing.
- Allow both Credit and Non Credit customer accounts.
- Hold a customer’s web site Username and/or Password in Sage.
- Hold a product’s web site Category or Node number in Sage.
This program requires development to Connect Sage 50 to a Website. The development is required at the website end so is not suitable for all users. Please note that we will not accept an order or payment for the Adept Sage 50 XML Web Import Export UNTIL:
- You are 100% sure that it is the right solution for you.
- The Web Developer has at least produced a first draft of the web site end of the link that responds correctly to the packets sent by the test program.
- Adept are confident that your Web Developer is going to be able to complete their end of the link.
- Adept Consultancy and Support rates for this Add-On are currently charged at £132+VAT per hour.
- We have found that it is impossible to predict how many hours will be required as it all depends on how well the web designer does.
- Once the Web Developer is ready to start testing, a fully functional Trial Licence will be issued to cover the testing period.
- The Full Licence will not be issued until the project is completed, invoiced and fully paid for.
Click below to download an RTF Format document which describes the XML packet structure used by our interface program
Adept Sage 50 XML Web Import Export Interface Testing Utility & Additional Info to Connect Sage 50 to a Website
- This utility can be used for posting test xml packets to a web page and viewing the response.
- You must be logged on to Windows with a user name that has administrator rights to the computer to install the program
- Close all other programs while installing the program.
- Download the file to a suitable folder on your computer and double click it to start the setup program. Follow the on screen instructions.
- You should select the defaults all the way through unless you have good reason not to.
- If the setup program detects that your system already has a more up to date version of one of the files that it is installing it will stop with a message that tells you this.
- You should select the default option, which is to NOT replace your existing file, by just pressing Enter.
- Run the program from Start / Adept Tools / XML Handshake Test.
- Hover the mouse pointer over any Button or Box to display a Help tool tip.
Add-On Compatibility and Pricing
- Compatible with the UK Edition of Sage 50 & 50cloud versions 8 to 26.
- Unless otherwise stated, also works with any minor version numbers such as v25.2 or v26.1
- Adept Add-Ons are backwards compatible when it comes to Sage versions, most go back to v8
- Web Update facility to keep your program up to date, accessed via Menu>About.
- Only £600.00 + VAT for a company licence plus Annual Renewal Fees.
- Sixty day Free Trial available which is extendable due to the technical nature of this Add-On.