The data we hold about your business includes:
Your Business and Sage Data Owner’s details such as: Business Name, Business Address, Contact Name, Contact Job Title, Telephone Number. Fax Number, Skype Name, Email Address, Website URL, VAT Registration Number, Country Code, VAT Status Code, Company Registration Number, Proof of VAT Status details received from the European VIES database, Your Computer’s IP Address and Operating System Version. Adept and Sage Software Details such as: Licensee Name, Serial Number, Activation Key, Software Version, Data Versions, User Licence Count, Company Licence Count, Reseller Code and Licence Purchase History.
The data that we hold about our contacts at your business includes:
Forename, Surname, Job Title, Work Telephone Numbers and Work Email Addresses.
In the above lists, where the singular is used please assume the plural as well.
We also hold unstructured data in the emails, letters, data sets and other documents that we exchange with you.
Why do we collect this information
We use the information that we hold about you for the following purposes:
- To administer the software licences that we issue to you.
- To provide Trial and Full Licences for our software.
- To provide automated software licence purchasing options from within our software.
- To provide version specific help when you contact us for support.
- To provide VAT invoices for any purchases that you make.
- To comply with VAT legislation regarding the “place of supply” of electronically supplied services.
- To investigate suspected software piracy issues.
- For our own in-house accounting purposes.
- To carry out any Services that you have asked us to perform.
Where is your data held
Your data is held on password and firewall protected servers at our premises in Salisbury.
Backups of our servers and your data are held both locally and in password protected areas of the cloud.
Currently we use Dropbox for our Cloud storage.
What software do we use to hold your data
Accounting Data is held in our Sage 50cloud Accounting software with a separate record for each of our Customers.
Licensing Data is held in our Adept Licensing software with a separate record for each Software Licence.
Client Sage data sets are held on our servers and accessed via our Adept Jukebox software.
Sundry client data files (e.g. Spreadsheets) are held by client code in Dropbox.
Paper documents are scanned and shredded as soon as possible. The scanned images are then held by client code in Dropbox.
Who do we share your data with
We operate a very strict confidentiality policy and will never share your data with a 3rd party without your knowledge and consent.
Examples of when we may share data are as follows:
- When you purchase licences or services from an Adept Reseller we may reveal some of this information to them. This is to enable the Reseller to process the sale and provide you with technical support or customer services.
- When we are compelled by law to reveal information. For example to Government, Tax and Law Enforcement Officials.
- When you have asked us to perform a service which necessitates submitting data to a 3rd party. For example you might have sent us your Sage data set and asked us to process and submit your VAT return to HMRC.
- When you have specifically asked us to Liaise with a 3rd party. For example you might have asked us to discuss your accounts with your accountant.
- When you have sent us data and we need to sub contract to a 3rd party specialist in order to perform the service that you have requested. For example you might have submitted your Sage data to us for repair while our highly experienced data repair technician is away on holiday. In this situation we will inform you that your data will need to be submitted to our standby repairer and ask whether you want to go ahead with the repair or wait until our repairer is back in the office.
How long do we keep hold of your data
Data in our Sage accounting system is retained for at least seven years in order to comply with HMRC regulations.
Data in our Software Licensing system is retained forever. This is to enable you to re-activate a lapsed software licence at any time in the future.
If you send us a Sage 50 data set we will normally delete it one year after the completion of the service you have requested.
If you send us any other kind of data we will normally delete it once we deem that there is no possibility that we will need to refer to it again.