Upgrading your Adept Add-Ons for a new version of Sage 50 or 50cloud
Ideally you should upgrade your Adept Add-Ons to the latest version before you upgrade Sage. All our Add-Ons are backwards compatible so it will continue to work with your old version of Sage.
To install the latest version of your Adept Add-On, ensure that you are an elevated Windows Administrator and click the “Check for Updates” button on the Adept Add-Ons About Dialog. If there is a new version of the Add-On available it will be downloaded and installed. Please note that for our Adept Viewer programs the check for updates feature is activated by selecting “Web Update” on the viewer’s menu.
Alternatively Visit the Adept Tools Downloads Page and enter the serial number of your Adept Add-On. You will be shown the current version of the software. Click the version number on this web page to download the latest installation file for your Add-Ons.
Important Notes about Windows 10.
- All of our Adept Sage 50 Add-Ons will run on Windows 10.
- If you decide to upgrade any of your computers to Windows 10 you should upgrade your Adept Add-Ons to the latest version first.
- To use your Adept Add-Ons Check for Updates feature on Windows 10 you must run the Add-On from the Start>All Apps>Adept Tools menu. Right click the menu entry and select “Run as administrator” or “More>Run as Administrator” from the small sub menu that pops-up. For day to day use of our Add-Ons you can continue to run them from the buttons that they place on the Sage tool bars.
- If you discover any issues with using Sage 50 & 50cloud or any of our Adept Add-Ons on Windows 10 please let us know. Email email@example.com
When you connect to a new version of Sage or run the Adept Tool for the first time in a new month, you may be prompted to purchase a Reactivation or Annual Renewal for your Add-Ons licence.
|Sage Versions||UK||Australia||New Zealand|
|Sage 50 2014 v20 and below
Sage 50cloud 2015 v21+ and above
|GBP 20% of the Tools RRP
eg: £150 RRP = £30+VAT
eg: £300 RRP = £60+VAT
eg: £600 RRP = £120+VAT
|AUD 20% of the Tools RRP
eg: $300 RRP = $60
eg: $600 RRP = $120
eg: $1200 RRP = $240
|NZD 20% of the Tools RRP
eg: $330 RRP = $66
eg: $660 RRP = $132
eg: $1320 RRP = $264
Prices are per Adept Add-On and include VAT where applicable.
Check that your contact details are correct. If they are not, click the Edit button and correct them accordingly.
When you edit your details the Edit button changes to Save and the Refresh button changes to Cancel so that you can chose whether to save or abandon any changes that you makes. Fields that you change are highlighted pink. Why do we need this information ?
- Email, Forename and Surname are used to send you an email with your new licence and a VAT invoice for your records.
- Telephone is in case we need to contact you because the email with your new licence and invoice has bounced.
- Trial licences and Full licences are locked to your Sage serial number as an anti-piracy measure.
- Company name and address are used on your VAT invoice.
- VAT Reg is only required if you are in an EC country other than the UK. It will be verified against the VIES database and if valid we will be able to zero rate the sale.
- You can’t change Tax Code yourself. For intra EC sales it will change to 22 when your VAT Reg has been verified.
- Reseller is the name of the Adept Reseller who sold you this software.
To buy the licence upgrade click the Buy a Sage 2019 Licence Upgrade button or Buy a One Year Licence Upgrade.
Your Internet browser will be started and you will be taken to a shopping cart page where you can pay for the upgrade using any standard credit card or PayPal.
You don’t need a PayPal account, just click “Don’t have a PayPal account” or “Pay by Debit or Credit Card”.
After you have successfully paid for the upgrade return to the Add-Ons Licence Dialog and click Refresh.
Your details will be re-read from the Adept licence server and if the new licence is found it will be loaded automatically.
If for any reason this doesn’t work you will also receive an email with a new licence key that you can enter manually.