* What is Linkage Corruption? *
- This type of corruption results in the Item Lines for earlier SOs, POs or Invoices getting jumbled up every time a new SO, PO or Invoice is entered.
- In the Sage v26 and below Check Data routine reports this as a Warning but Sage v26.1 and above now report them correctly as Errors. The message you see is along the lines of “Invoice or Order 12345 total net different from sum of item net values” or similar.
- However, these Warnings/Errors can be caused by other types of corruption as well. Please do not attempt to delete the offending invoices or orders as this can make the corruption worse and unfortunately Sage seem to recommend this as option, but it just moves the corruption onto other invoices or orders.
- When Linkage Corruption is present, we can repair the integrity of the Invoice/SOP/POP Module files so that no new warnings or errors are reported.
- However, it is not possible to guarantee that all the historic Invoices, Sales Orders & Purchase Orders will have the correct items reattached to them.
- Once we have repaired the integrity of the module, you can remove and re-enter the Invoices, Sales Orders & Purchase Orders or simply mark them as BAD.
- Our Free Adept Sage 50 Health Check Tool has a Linkage Corruption Test that you can run from the Menu button.
Click Adept Data Repair T&Cs to find out how to proceed and book in your Sage 50 or 50cloud Accounts data. You can see comments below from lots of very happy customers!